- IONS Events
- Conscious Living Workshops
- EarthRise Community Events
- Hosted Programs
- IONS Conference
- Community Group Events
Mindful Schools Certification
A Yearlong Training for Teaching Mindfulness to Children and Adolescents
Sunday, Jul 21, 2013, 3:00 PM
Sunday, Jul 28, 2013, 12:00 PM (All times are local to the event.)
101 San Antonio Rd
Petaluma CA 94952
See a map
For almost 6 years, Mindful Schools has been at the forefront of providing mindfulness training to schools via our direct service program, and training adults working with youth from all over the world in our curriculum. We have created high quality curriculums for youth ages 5-18 with depth and meaning while keeping our programming simple and accessible. Over the course of one full year of study and practice we aim to transmit the core “mindfulness & education” competencies that have emerged in our work with tens-of-thousands of children and adolescents.
This training is appropriate for classroom teachers, school administrators, psychologists, social workers, and other mental health providers, mentors, youth and family service organizations or employees, organizations providing mindfulness services, and anyone interested in integrating mindfulness into their individual or organizational work with young people in a profound and meaningful way.
Participants of this Year-Long Certification Training will gain:
- The development and continued support of your own personal mindfulness practice.
- A deeper understanding of how personal practice informs your quality of presence and intention in your work.
- How to effectively integrate mindfulness practices and techniques with children & adolescents in a variety of contexts.
Participants who complete all certification requirements will be eligible to become Certified Mindful Schools Instructors, and will be featured on our website as people we have certified to deliver our K-12 curriculum with the highest quality.
July 21 – 28, 2013 &
June 29 – July 6, 2014
- Early Bird (before March 15, 2013) = $3,100
- Regular (March 16 – May 15, 2013) = $3,600
- Full Paying (after May 15, 2013) = $4,100
Room & Board:
- $1,890 total for all 14 retreat days for 2013/2014
We have limited partial scholarships available.
Those interested in participating in this certification course must fill out an application (links to application below):
- Application if you are not requesting scholarship funding
- Application if you are requesting scholarship funding