- IONS Events
- Conscious Living Workshops
- EarthRise Community Events
- Hosted Programs
- IONS Conference
Community Group Event
Seattle IONS April Meeting
Wednesday, Apr 24, 2013 , 5:30 PM – 8:00 PM
Community Group: Seattle Area "Indra's Rainbow" Community GroupNortheast Library
6801 35th Ave. N.E.
Seattle WA 98115
See a map
Margaret Whealey says, "Conversation creates the conditions for us to rediscover the joy of thinking together."
How can we have a rich and rewarding dialogue? What would it be like to be part of a conscious conversation? Could more conscious conversations in our community lead to a better future?
Our gathering this month will be more experiential; we are going to experiment with different levels of conversations based on Otto Scharmer's book, Theory U. Scharmer describes four levels ( he calls "Fields") of conversations as:
- Downloading – Speaking from what they want to hear (talking nice)
- Debate – Speaking from what I think (talking tough)
- Dialogue – Speaking from seeing myself as part of the whole (reflective inquiry)
- Presencing – Speaking from what is moving through (essential emergence)
Join us to practice to become more aware of how we engage each other, and to explore how a conscious conversation could lead to a collective transformation.
Please bring some snacks to share. We'll provide tea. BYO mug.
If you plan to attend, please reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org