- IONS Events
- Conscious Living Workshops
- EarthRise Community Events
- Hosted Programs
- IONS Conference
Transfiguration Retreat 2012
Saturday, May 19, 2012, 4:00 PM
Saturday, May 26, 2012, 11:30 AM (All times are local to the event.)
- Institute of Awakened Mutuality
101 San Antonio Rd
Petaluma CA 94952
See a map
The Institute of Awakened Mutuality is excited to announce the 2012 Transfiguration Retreat. Together with an extraordinary gathering of Waking Down in Mutuality practitioners, mentors, and teachers, we will create an intensely powerful transmission field and sacred container for individual and group awakening.
Special offerings for this year’s retreat
- on Mt. Tamalpais, there is a particular spot with breathtaking views of the Bay Area that Saniel Bonder, the founder of Waking Down in Mutuality, considers the primary sacred site of his Heart-transmission and work. He will bring interested TR participants to this “serene, magnificent place, where Mother Earth is all Heart and gives you a blessing transmission you will never forget.”
- in April, Saniel will offer a free group teleconference for all registered participants on Embodying and Expressing Your Unique, Divinely Human Gifts.
- Senior Teacher Ted Strauss will offer a special event on Awakening and The Creative Process.
- Senior Teacher Krishna Gauci will offer a special evening. Topic TBA!
Format and Retreat Schedule
Our format will be similar to that of year’s past. There will be optional offerings in the early morning (such as silent meditation and explorations in conscious embodiment). In the later morning, we divide into several groups for gazing meditation and conversation about the awakening process. After lunch, one or two teachers, joined by a mentor assistant, will facilitate groups of 6 students in deeper individual work and mutuality in an intimate, highly personalized setting. The afternoon closes with an optional gathering called nectar, a nonverbal space to allow the day’s insights to settle and integrate. On many evenings, there will be special optional events, including a wonderful creative expression night, presentations by teachers, and a party. Wednesday is our day off to integrate and relax in our own ways. Participants might arrange an outing alone or with others to explore the spectacular Bay Area, or you might simply choose to stay on the beautiful grounds and rest. Meals will be provided for those staying on site.
The retreat begins on Saturday, May 19 with dinner and the opening meeting. It ends the following Friday night, May 25 with a party. You are welcome to stay through breakfast on Saturday, May 26. Staying over Friday night and breakfast Saturday morning are included in your course fee.
Because Transfiguration Retreats are powerful events, we require all participants to have previous experience with Waking Down in Mutuality, through both direct contact with teachers and basic conceptual knowledge from reading. Prerequisites for those attending for the first time include a minimum of 5 sessions by phone with a Waking Down teacher and/or attending at least 5 Waking Down sittings in person. If you have not met these prerequisites, please contact Juliet at 503-252-6620 or at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
If you pay by February 15, the early discount price is $2095, which covers room, board, and all regular and optional sessions mentioned above. If paid after February 15 you will pay the full price of $2295.
If you cancel by MARCH 15, $250 of your payment will be forfeited and the balance will be refunded. If you cancel between MARCH 15 and APRIL 15, $750 of your payment will be forfeited and the balance will be refunded to you. If you cancel between April 15 and May 15, $1250 of your payment will be forfeited and the balance can be applied toward future IAM courses or events. There are no refunds for cancellations after May 15.
For more information and to register: