Discussions

A Purpose

Posted July 21, 2014 by Silverghost in Open

commented on July 23, 2014
by Silverghost

"There is a purpose to all that is, what that is has different and varied interpretations but no matter what the interpretation of what purpose that is there is still a purpose. One should always focus on the purpose itself, not on the interpretation of the purpose."

I wrote this when I was invited to a private Google community, at the point this came into my head, we were talking about friends but it relates to many different spheres of life I believe.

I believe one of the spheres or concepts this covers is science and spirituality, the interpretation relates to the reasoning and logics used and if we are too focused on the interpretation being used, we just might miss the purpose........

Both science and spiritually aware people can and do miss this purpose because they are too focused on the interpretation of such purpose instead of on the purpose itself. Dogma is an ugly thing in any ideological principle

• 16 Comments  
  • Silverghost Jul 23, 2014

Seen as you are unable to think for yourself, I will one more time think for you.

You are obviously fixated to an ideological principle being science in this case, it is also obvious because of this fixation you carry this fixation to other aspects, in this case a very simple part for a quote.

Instead of reading the whole of the quote to get it’s meaning, like any slightly intelligent person would do, you have fixated yourself only on one part of this quote being , "There is a purpose to all that is,” You obviously don’t know how a quote works as you didn’t know what a hypothetical question was!!

“There is a purpose to all that is”, what’s the hang up? Tell me what hasn’t got a purpose in the past present and future? The most deadliest virus has a purpose to itself, Neptune has and will have a purpose to itself, the solar system and even the universe.

There are science minded people who think if it hasn’t got a purpose to man it has no purpose, flawed logics. Compared to the vastness of the universe, humans are but a minute virus feeding of it’s host, it’s a pimple, why does it so arrogantly think the universe is a part of humans instead of humans being a part of the universe.

Yes I know you are going to have no idea in what I have said here because it does take one to think for themselves.

I won’t bother thinking for you again.

I'm talking to children........

• Anonymous Icon

dustproduction Jul 23, 2014

@ Noetic Poet

Simply more spamming.

https://plus.googleapis.com/wm/4/108000215171210294896/posts

• NoetPoet Jul 23, 2014

"What proof is needed? This is a philosophical quote that is clearly stating, " It's about always searching for the purpose not judging what interpretation we are using to search with for in this lies our flaws when in search of such purposes.""

So in other words you are just spouting unsubstantiated BS (again).

• Silverghost Jul 23, 2014

"There is a purpose to all that is, what that is has different and varied interpretations but no matter what the interpretation of what purpose that is there is still a purpose. One should always focus on the purpose itself, not on the interpretation of the purpose."

What proof is needed? This is a philosophical quote that is clearly stating, " It's about always searching for the purpose not judging what interpretation we are using to search with for in this lies our flaws when in search of such purposes."

People with dogmatic traits will become fixated to a particular fixation ignoring all else pertaining to such quotes, you can't logically do that with quotes or sayings. I have absolutely nothing to prove, anyone with an ounce of intelligence would see that....hmmmm that's the problem obviously.

• NoetPoet Jul 22, 2014

Once again, have you got anything to back this claim up (apart from your own convoluted opinions)?

• NoetPoet Jul 22, 2014

"I'm certainly not going to think for other here, the evidence is their, all what one has to do is think for themselves."

Or maybe you know that any "evidence" you put forward for your BS will be shot down in flames.

• Silverghost Jul 22, 2014

It must be terrible to not be able to think for yourself and rely totally on one ideological principle to think for you.....heck, couldn't think of anything worse, you might as well braise a god of some kind because it's the same thing.

I'm certainly not going to think for other here, the evidence is their, all what one has to do is think for themselves. Maybe I take thinking for myself for granted.....I must obviously!!

Confusing hypothetical questions with evidence now......Hmmmmm

• NoetPoet Jul 22, 2014

"One minute they can't understand a simple hypothetical question or even know what a hypothetical question is and the next minute have no idea about basic philosophy. I'm obviously way too intellectual for some people here, this is basic stuff. Fancy not being able to figure out what a simple quote is saying even after further explanations. "

No, you obviously don't know what "evidence" is. Hint: hypothetical questions do not qualify as evidence of anything except your own warped thinking and fantasies.

It's unreal that people who are totally unable to think for themselves can't see evidence has already been supplied here.

One minute they can't understand a simple hypothetical question or even know what a hypothetical question is and the next minute have no idea about basic philosophy. I'm obviously way too intellectual for some people here, this is basic stuff. Fancy not being able to figure out what a simple quote is saying even after further explanations.

I do love the dogmatic and robust aggressive demands……..Dogmatism and power playing do go hand in hand.

"During the religious Dark Ages, the churches in Europe would not accept any other evidence in contrary to their own ideological principles, any evidence supplied had to be within certain doctrines otherwise it wasn’t accepted as evidence.

Modern day science; this ideological principle uses the same process today, if any said evidence doesn’t conform to their ideological principles of science logics, it’s not evidence. I get this Dark Age mentality quite a lot on science orientated sites, if any said evidence doesn’t conform to certain science principles; it’s not accepted as evidence just like the churches did back in the Dark Ages of religion."

Quite obviously the replies are certainly proving my point here, unbeknownst to the persons replying. This stuff is so simple it’s not funny.

• NoetPoet Jul 22, 2014

Stop hiding behind excuses and evasions and just post your "evidence" already.

"coward"

The intellect shown on this site by certain people is amazing.......I'm certainly an idiot conversing with such persons.

Basic philosophy or philosophical views should be easy to work out but I suppose thinking for oneself is very difficult for anyone who has only memorised other people's thoughts!!

• NoetPoet Jul 22, 2014

Got anything to back that up?

"Would it matter what evidence I supplied on this discussion board? No, because of too much Dark Age mentality which has been proven to exist on this board time and time again."

Stop hiding behind excuses like a coward and just post your "evidence" already.

I just borrowed the following form my last thread.

During the religious Dark Ages, the churches in Europe would not accept any other evidence in contrary to their own ideological principles, any evidence supplied had to be within certain doctrines otherwise it wasn’t accepted as evidence.

Modern day science; this ideological principle uses the same process today, if any said evidence doesn’t conform to their ideological principles of science logics, it’s not evidence. I get this Dark Age mentality quite a lot on science orientated sites, if any said evidence doesn’t conform to certain science principles; it’s not accepted as evidence just like the churches did back in the Dark Ages of religion.

Would it matter what evidence I supplied on this discussion board? No, because of too much Dark Age mentality which has been proven to exist on this board time and time again.

It is obvious though that some people didn't get the actual meaning of the inserted quote which is fair enough, we do all reason differently.

It's about always searching for the purpose not judging what interpretation we are using to search with for in this lies our flaws when in search of such purposes. In my mind, we should always search for a purpose as science searches for purposes, so to do this everything has a purpose. Most of everything I know has or had a purpose.

I certainly don't mind unbiased civil and intelligent queries and rebuttals.

• NoetPoet Jul 22, 2014

Got anything to back that up?

Someone with a more balanced view, thank God.

I've upset the apple cart again as I do on certain dogmatic spiritual forums sites, these things just come to me and I speak of them. They are neither right nor wrong, just an expression.

• Anonymous Icon

RealityOverScience Jul 21, 2014

I'm listening... :)

• or Sign Up to Add a Comment

Stay in touch with IONS