Discussions

Anonymous Icon

The Contemplation Cafe...for Lurkers

Posted June 18, 2014 by RealityOverScience in Open

commented on Sept. 2, 2014
by NoetPoet

Welcome to The Contemplation Cafe, a totally ...open book... arena for folks of all walks of life to freely and comfortably express themselves, as they explore, out loud and unencumbered by selfish ridicule, what the curious, intriguing and/or seemingly unexplainable phenomena of life means to them.

True science isn't at all threatened by the insights and wonderments of folks from all levels of participation, and openly welcomes their contributions. It's really intriguing to open Pandora's Box to see what comes out of it. :)

So, what interests or intrigues ...YOU... about the weird or inexplicable? What personal or unique experience(s) have you had, and how have you interpreted those experiences?

It's very interesting, fascinating even, observing folks comfortably sharing their curiosities back and forth with each other, and wonderful new insights arise from those interactions that level the playing field for all involved!

So, please feel perfectly ...Welcome!... to share whatever is on your mind here, as The Contemplation Cafe opens for Lurkers. Consider this a Noetic/Social Library where ...YOU... do the writing. :)

• 9 Comments  
  • NoetPoet Sep 02, 2014

EDIT: *viewing position*, not "vantage point"

• NoetPoet Sep 02, 2014

"What weather balloon or even an aircraft can do this? Two people were watching this happen at exactly same time!!"

Yeah, because two suggestible people watching the same thing in the night sky from the same distant vantage point can DEFINITELY rule out such possibilities /s

• NoetPoet Sep 02, 2014

@Jim,

August has been and gone, and Planet X was a no-show. Obama made no announcement about it, nor did any other world leaders.

Shall we add this to the very long list of failed End-Time prophecies?

• Silverghost Sep 02, 2014

G'day Jim

My wife and I witnessed two separate sightings late last year.

I was watching the sky one very clear night, as I usually do as I'm into astrology to an extent, and what looked like a comet appeared. I knew their were no comets especially visible to the naked human eye. This comet like object stopped and turned around on it's own axis and while it was doing this it changed shape and slowly vanished from view as it moved in the opposite direction to it's initial course.

What weather balloon or even an aircraft can do this? Two people were watching this happen at exactly same time!!

• Silverghost Sep 02, 2014

Wiki: Lurker’s

“In Internet culture, a lurker is typically a member of an online community who observes, but does not actively participate.[1][2] The exact definition depends on context. Lurkers make up a large proportion of all users in online communities.[3] Lurking allows users to learn the conventions of an online community before they actively participate, improving their socialization when they eventually de-lurk.[4] However, a lack of social contact while lurking sometimes causes loneliness or apathy among lurkers.”

I would have to admit, I’m certainly no lurker so I really can’t participate as per se.

True science isn’t reflective of fear, it shows no fear, in other words it doesn’t react to other principals different from the sciences as a threat and in actual fact it doesn’t react at all, it has no need too. False science on the other hand will react to anything not of it’s own principles for the main reason they perceive these principles as threats. True science has nothing to fear so it won’t react or over react towards other principles.

True spirituality is exactly the same as is of false spirituality.

I usually have a lot of lurker’s observing my antics when I interact with other people with fixated principles either it be of science or spirituality, it must be quite hilarious at times to the observers however at times I do tend to bring out certain perspectives other people are unable to see at the time. No wonder I annoy so many people of science and spirituality…….It’s not intentional, it’s my chosen path sadly enough.

Using psychology certainly doesn't help this. You should see the body language from most people when they find out they are talking to an actual psychotherapist, it's quite amusing, most of the times people become defensive as they do with what I write even though I'm not a psychotherapist. The body language from someone, who realises or perceives they have a problem, will react differently in their body language to someone who is defensive. Abusers, people with a destructive mentality, will react quite differently within their body language to the people who are being abused. I find psychology interesting, which is a science, coupled with spirituality; it gives me a broad spectrum to evaluate by instead of evaluating through one fixated principle.

• NoetPoet Sep 02, 2014

@Jim,

August has been and gone, and Planet X was a no-show. Obama made no announcement about it, nor did any other world leaders.

Shall we add this to the very long list of failed End-Time prophecies?

• NoetPoet Jun 23, 2014

You can hardly get a word in edgewise with all these lurkers! Lol

• Anonymous Icon

Jim Centi Jun 23, 2014

While I’m on a Roll, another recent guest to the C2C show was a gentleman who seemed very knowledgeable about Planet X.

His noteworthy prediction was that during President Obama’s administration, Planet X will be visible to the naked eye and our current president will have little choice, but to make some sort of an announcement.

Oh, yes if you wish the name, website or credentials of this guest; follow the instructions in my previous comment.

I’m sneaking this comment in while awaiting the arrival of my favorite fantasy angle.

• Anonymous Icon

Jim Centi Jun 23, 2014

This may or may not be within the guidelines of the topic, but here goes.

Recently on the radio show “Coast to Coast” with George Noory (aired daily from 1a.m. to 5a.m. eastern time, there was a very interesting gentleman, whose name I have forgotten, but before the end of this comment, you will know how to get his name and confirm his credentials.

He has been a newspaper and magazine editor who published a few articles about UFO’s so people began contacting him with their sightings.

He states that he received about a dozen calls on or about June 17 of this year from people from Northern Calif. to San Diego and one call as far east as Cleveland Ohio. They reported seeing bright red fireballs in the sky performing a variety of maneuvers.

He told of a pilot who was flying a small plane in South Carolina when a bright red disc began moving toward him at about a speed of about 150 knots. It stopped about 40 ft. from his left wing and then suddenly zoomed out of sight.

My impression is that whatever they are they are seeking our attention.

Oh, yes if you wish to listen to a recording of the program and visit the guest’s website, click “contact” on the C2C website and email George Noory. This show makes an effort to interview people who have interesting information to discuss, that is not published in the popular media. Oh yes, caution is advised due to some guests who stretch the truth simply to publish books, with a bit of practice, they can be easily spotted.

• or Sign Up to Add a Comment

Stay in touch with IONS