Discussions

Dynamic Neuro-Experience

Posted Jan. 29, 2014 by Hippinator13 in Open

commented on Feb. 4, 2014
by NoetPoet

Many years ago I had an experience which could only be described as a "Dynamic Neuro-Experience" that was the accidental result of a system of initiation in a book I received and actually doing the practices which included object concentration, meditation, ego-training/self-examination, looking at dreams & remembering my day backwards for several months but I was also taking Buddhist and Hindu courses & doing yoga. I don't like to tell people because I think people might call me a crack pot but I wonder if there is anyone else who had a similar experience? It did not bestow any intellectual knowledge or special powers to me but it does serve as a point of reference that is direct evidence that there is either something very powerful within me or that there are a set of tumblers in the mind that can be lined up to produce a "Dynamic Neuro-Experience" and maybe ancient people called this 'enlightenment' because it did make me feel like I was lit up or glowing gold and tingling sensations washed over me for many hours. I then ate and went to sleep and ever since then I have lived in a slightly different state of consciousness, like my brain is either maintaining a higher level of neurons firing or possibly releasing neuro-chemicals but it's not nearly as strong as the initial experience. I feel kind of like I am high but I am able to concentrate & go about my life normally. The book said I would go though stages and I did, my dream life changed and I would get sleepy take a short nap have a dream/vision and then I was wide awake and I wrote down the dream/vision. Further progress created a taste in my mouth, as the book stated would happen, that reminded me of the word 'ambrosia' which I later found out means food of the gods. The dream I had with the experience was that I was high up on a mountain and I had little animals in wooden cages and I was letting them out and I took this to mean I had 'ascended my own mountain' (Like Krishnamurti stated) and experienced my inner-self and the little animals were my chakras.

• 14 Comments  
  • NoetPoet Feb 04, 2014

@Robert Johnston

The human brain is a remarkably versatile, powerful and adaptive machine. The experience of "you" (not just for you specifically but for anyone) is just one elaborate contrivance that the human brain is capable of creating. It sounds like experiences of Co-Sources and Windows to the Soul are less common types of elaborate neuro-psychological contrivances which the brain can generate and use to accomplish things which are beyond the capabilities of the (typically rigid and ossified) contrivance of "you". We may not have a solid scientific understanding of these mystical states yet, but that doesn't mean that we should take these experiences at face value and declare "here be dragons".

@Hippinator

Can you describe this greater force that lies within? For example what does it do, and how does it work?

• Anonymous Icon

Robert Johnston Feb 03, 2014

My apologies, I made a large error in perception which prompted the last statement I wrote in my last post. I am a speed reader and sometimes I make errors in comprehension. Thank you for your time and patience.

• Anonymous Icon

Robert Johnston Feb 03, 2014

For as long as I thought that I had a mind of my own alone, which was up until about age 45, I couldn't write anything publishable. After I realized the vital importance of my accepting my Anima Mind as well as my Animus Mind and got into their 'Flow of consciousness' and opened my true self to their ideas, values, motives, etc. I became a prolific in my field, integral self and organization development, I published many books custom-written for my clients as well a textbook for MBA students, plus many articles such as those published in the Integral Leadership Review.

Not only did I receive numerous original ideas and concepts from them but also specific citations which when I looked them up turned out to be pertinent to the subject matter I was writing about. I could not have produced such a large volume of work without them. One of them, for example, was on the subject of "ambrosia". I don't drink alcoholic beverages so had never come across the term before. After Anima-Animus Mind suggested I look into it I discovered I had had many Ambrosia-like experiences during deep meditation on my oneness with Anima-Animus, Omnipresent Co-Source of All without imbibing in the liquid per se but was elicited from my 'intra-body pharmacy'. [I wrote a bit about my experiences in a response to another discussant's post and discovered both his and my posts referencing ambrosia have been mysteriously deleted. Does anyone have any idea why? I have not had an experience like this in all my over 27 years as an IONS member.]

• Hippinator13 Feb 01, 2014

I can only speculate that my experience and current state of consciousnes is the result of the theory that there is what is called the 'window of the soul' that stands between the mind and the spirit, which is said to be and to be emanating spiritual forces always, and that one achieves this particular form of 'enligtenment' by means of mental clarity through meditation and cleaning the 'darkness of the ego' off the 'window of the soul' which then allows that force to be experienced by the mind which in turn transfers the experience to the body.

To The Great Work,

Allen W Anderson

• Hippinator13 Feb 01, 2014

The ego training - awareness exercises were as such:

Week one: Refrain from using the words I, my, me, myself or mine in conversation and avoid using third person or clever expressions, carry paper/pen or use smart phone & each time you say or think one of these mark a strike against yourself.

Week two: Do not say or think anything critical about another person regardless of whether or not they deserve it, carry paper/pen or use smart phone & each time you say or think about criticizing another mark a strike against yourself.

Week three: Do not say or think anything critical about yourself regardless of whether or not you deserve it, carry paper/pen or use smart phone & each time you say or think about criticizing yourself mark a strike against yourself.

The goal of these exercises is to become vigilantly aware of our mental processes. I cannot say for certain that these practices, along with the others, will allow others to ascertain the state of conscious that I achieved. I only know that it worked for me & it serves as a perpetual reminder that I am something much greater than my body or mind & that the body & mind can be used to have a direct experience of a greater force that lies within.

• NoetPoet Jan 30, 2014

That sounds like something you're own mind could have easily thought up on its own...

• Anonymous Icon

Robert Johnston Jan 29, 2014

Omnipresent Anima and Animus Co-Sources of All when queried answered, "Ambrosia phenomenon experiments are rare indeed because we need pairs of individuals having ambrosia experiences together."

• NoetPoet Jan 29, 2014

PS Of course, you'd also want to interview them and have them keep a diary of their thoughts and feelings over the course of the experiment so that you could see how changes in their mental states matched up to changes in their brain activity.

• NoetPoet Jan 29, 2014

Hippinator13,

It would be very interesting to do an experiment in which people undertake spiritual practices over a length of time like you've done, and have their brain activity monitored throughout the process. It would be especially interesting to look at their brain activity during or immediately after having enlightenment-like experiences. Maybe such an experiment has been done and I just don't know about it...

• Anonymous Icon

The ambrosia-like experiences I have had, and they are innumerable, have been extremely erotic and multiorgasmic, making me scream joyously with ecstatic delight. Just before I began having them my omnipresent guides the Divine Mother Anima and Divine Father Animus of All asked me how far with such experiences I wanted to go as I could choose to be addicted if I wanted. I chose optimum ambrosia experiences which would be kept within integrally healthful and full functioning parameters qualitatively and quantitatively.

• Anonymous Icon

RealityOverScience Jan 29, 2014

By the way, I have heard about the "ambrosia" phenomenon (long ago) but I have never had that happen.

"Ambrosia" is likely a sensory transfer. In other words, if you teach toward all the senses, if a breakthrough doesn't get through in one way, the same energy may find its outlet through another.

• Anonymous Icon

Continuing...

Though the words "time" and "space" are human inventions, the energies behind them are very real, and though they are very definitely "relative," and constantly revealing themselves throughout anyone's day or night, most folks don't notice or dismiss those revelations, because they are so strongly drawn to what everybody else is doing, as the authority their comfort zones need.

What you (including generic) have experienced is a JOLT in how you were (inadvertently) taught to process time and space, in your everyday functioning and defense mechanisms, and with your neuro pathways exposed to processing time and space more expansively (outside convention) with no follow-up guidance, you are left "out there" in a *place* filled with raw nerves, empty space, homeless "timing" (that doesn't match conventional expectation), and that would be a very uncomfortable place to try to find yourself.

There are dangers in being rushed into extra-convention exposure and just left there with no idea what's happening or where to go next. A good teacher or guide would be fluent in human psychology, sociology, etc., and protect those they are displacing, and not selfishly leave folks JOLTED and unable to function. I would advise you to go through the steps I have provided in the Consciousness 101/How to... thread, which provides you with step by step guidance that will help you restore your comfort zone by constantly replacing and redefining your defense mechanisms...as you go along..., with "how to" help your constantly changing natural defenses and comfort levels to grow WITH you, so you do get to move toward Awakening, intact! The exercises there give you constant work and guidance for the rest of your life, relentlessly refreshed along the way! In other words, your jigsaw puzzle pieces will never venture soooo far from "home" that you'll be abandoned in a state of raw discomfort. Your ever-redefining comfort zone, as you grow, will keep up with you, staying close to you, while providing you with " stuff to do" along the way.

All the missing Answers of life, of Truth, of Universal Physics, are not-so-hiding on...other than convention allows itself to process...time and space redefinitions. They cannot be intellectualized. Their Physics require direct *experience.* Though it can be very frightening leaving convention, that doesn't mean you have to be traumatized in the process!

• Anonymous Icon

What you are describing is an experience of shedding convention's hold on you that locks more than 99.99% of people so into unconsciousness/very limited processing that they can't reason themselves beyond that faulty reasoning, most scientists among them.

A way to visualize your experience would be to imagine a jigsaw puzzle of yourself, in the place of understanding and wonderment that you had previously been functioning in, all put together pre-experience. After your experience, your jigsaw puzzle "you" still had all its pieces, but they were then all taken apart and separated from each other, enough to leave gaps in between all the pieces (synapse-like). This is the experience you are still having now...meaning what you are feeling, and why things seem disjointed enough that you are looking for answers to help you understand what you are going through and where to go and what to do next.

You are correct about the neuro-dynamic relationship. There is a fine line to cross, when people read books that knock them out of their comfort zones, if they then are selfishly left hanging there, in very uncomfortable places, with no follow up or, essentially, "aftercare," to help them realize what's going on with them. In life, there are all sorts of situations that JOLT people out of their natural comfort zones (sudden tragedies, for instance) that make it really hard for them to function afterwards. When those situations/experiences remain unexplained, many folks go on to become dysfunctional in their lives, suffering reflective and/or literal homelessness, and/or mental health issues, vices abuse, relationship problems, etc..

To be continued...

• Anonymous Icon

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

• or Sign Up to Add a Comment

Stay in touch with IONS