Discussions

Anonymous Icon

I see some with 1 or 2 but what about all these?

Posted Jan. 6, 2014 by AZALA in Open

commented on Jan. 15, 2014
by NoetPoet

I finally broke down and decided to do some research on this stuff. I have a lot of these same problems, I kill watch batteries, I can't wear one. I have to replace at least a light bulb a week somewhere in the house, and I've lived in 4 different places since I started noticing it, and I've even asked former owners, there was never a prob before I moved it. I constantly have an electrostatic charge....I can build one on purpose, discharge it, and still have enough that balloons will stick to my bare skin. I also see things out of the corner of eye that ARE there until I look, then they're gone. I've been physically touched by things mostly in the state of conscienceness right before sleep, but also while completely awake in the middle of the day. I have dreams in dreams (waking up from a dream and still being in a dream) sometimes 8-10 in a row. I've always heard that dreams were just you thinking while you were asleep, but I've had repetitive dreams that foresaw the future, which wouldn't seem like much of a big deal if it wasn't for the detail and "out of nowhere" aspect. In other words, I wouldn't have been thinking that. I have dreams where I know I'm dreaming and "consciously be" inside the dream, actually trying not to wake, or purposefully wake up (holding my breath or closing my eye's seems to always work). I never have nightmares, if I dream about a conflict I win. I've had so many weird things happen to or around me I couldn't begin to list them all. I will say I believe it has to do with the electric field I seem to always have on or around me though.

That being said, I'm also a realist, I don't believe in ghosts, I don't believe in most of the stuff people would like me to buy, and I have an IQ of 138. So I'd like to get some kind of scientific explanation for this stuff, and maybe a way to get it stopped. Was wondering if anyone has ever actually "fixed" the "magnetic field effect".

• 20 Comments  
  • NoetPoet Jan 15, 2014

"wow NoetPoet...and you did not want to come across as "condescending"."

If you think that defending one's self is the same as being condescending, then you don't understand what condescending means. Just remember that you were the one who got snarky with me, and all I did to provoke you was give an honest civil response to your question.

"Never thought of myself as "wooly-minded " or even "narcissistic" even."

No I bet you didn't. Most people in situations like yours don't.

"I left grade school a very long time ago and learned to agree to disagree and accept different thoughts and experiences"

Well then you do a very good imitation of someone who hasn't learnt these skills!

"thank you, and that will be the end of my correspondance with you for I aim to avoid those who try to be a vexation to my spirit."

Translation: "you say things that threaten my worldview, so I'm just going to bury my head in the sand and pretend that you and the challenging arguments you present don't exist". What happened to "my ego is not so easily bruised"??

• desertrose Jan 14, 2014

wow NoetPoet...and you did not want to come across as "condescending". Never thought of myself as "wooly-minded " or even "narcissistic" even. Hmmmm. I left grade school a very long time ago and learned to agree to disagree and accept different thoughts and experiences- thank you, and that will be the end of my correspondance with you for I aim to avoid those who try to be a vexation to my spirit.
    Blessings to you,
    I AM,
    Denyse Caroline

• NoetPoet Jan 13, 2014

@desertrose,

Those websites took a grand total of about 10 minutes to find. So yes, thank you, I do utilize my time quite well.

Thank you also for your comment about being an asset to IONS, such feedback further encourages me to continue doing what I’m doing. When it comes to the search for knowledge, the greatest asset one can have is an unflinching desire to understand reality no matter how disagreeable it might be (even if it doesn’t allow for the existence of magical powers and magical creatures).

FYI, I have no power to stop other people getting “a word in edge wise”, and no desire to do so anyway. But I am not going to sit idly by while people make implausible woolly-minded claims, especially when those claims really have nothing to do with searching for truth and are just about those people trying to narcissistically affirm their own sense of specialness. The material I post is completely on-topic for a website like this, so I will continue to post here thank you very much. In the meantime, sorry for not telling you what you wanted to hear.

• desertrose Jan 13, 2014

@ Noet Poet how very thoughful of you to research all of those sights. You sure do untilize your time well. You are such an asset to IONS if it were not for you very few would get a word in edge wise.
    Enjoy the rest of your research into everything perhaps you should start your very own site! Good thing my ego is not so easily bruised. Did you not understand the reason I was expressing my frustration?
    Cheers,
    Denyse

• NoetPoet Jan 09, 2014

In the interest of not coming off as condescending, I'll just post some links.

Re mobile phone lighting up for no apparent reason:

http://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080829182419AAWjwLW

http://spyzrus.net/how-to-tell-if-your-cell-phone-is-being-tracked-tapped-monitored-by-spy-software/

(Okay, I'll just make one brief comment: it would make sense for a mobile phone to perform network updates at 3am, because that's the time of day when a mobile phone is least likely to be in use).

Re waking up right before your phone lights up:

http://mentalfloss.com/article/53710/why-do-i-always-wake-5-minutes-my-alarm-goes

Re seeing the number 28 all the time:

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/reality-play/201207/being-amused-apophenia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

• desertrose Jan 09, 2014

I realte to eevry one of these issues as well. Another thing though - I awaken very often at 3a.m. as though gently nudged and I then will see my mobile phone light up at that exact time and there is no reason for that. I also see the number 28 (my birthdate#) appear ALL of the time. Glance at the clock at interval 28 constantly. That along with the static, lightbulbs etc. I cannot explain it and I find it annoying.
    Namaste
    ~Denyse

• NoetPoet Jan 08, 2014

@AZALA, looks like you didn't have to wait very long for the wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff after all...

• Anonymous Icon

RealityOverScience Jan 07, 2014

AZALA,

I can hear what's going on with you in your writing, but it is something you need to tell yourself, in the privacy of your own space and time, so if you "do the work" in the Consciousness 101 thread, you will learn how to hear it, too.

Regarding premonitions in dreams, when an event is imminent, the energy of its approach inescapably travels through everyone and everything as it nears manifestation, but most people remain unaware of what is happening. However, when you (generic) fall asleep, you lose the convenience of your defense mechanisms that block out parallel realities ignored when you're awake, similar to meditation, and that "allows in" the higher and lower energies (parallels), as well as the ability of the then more balanced brain to process them, as best it can. For some, that more balanced processing accurately detects bits and pieces, at least, if not every detail (depends on your overall higher Consciousness level) of the imminent event. Many people connect, after an event has occurred, that they saw bits and pieces of it, but they didn't define those as such at the time because while that pre-info/physics legitimately was there, relative to the event's approach, they had no (Conscious) reference point to apply or make sense of it/them. That in no way dismisses the legitimate physics, which inescapably flows through EVERYONE, everything, pre-event, like it or not! It's natural for folks to recognize and apply "a feeling" they had, or synchronous** clue or telling dream retrospectively. With Consciousness, there's just soooo much more Physics available, and experience with those Physics, to detect and recognize, in detail, the imminent event.

(**Simultaneity is relative!)

So, it's kinda like cable TV. Some people just get more channels than others, but they pay a much higher price for that to happen.

There's no "hocus pocus" going on in the Universe, just Higher (than convention can process) Physics that get assigned all sorts of labels and "stories people tell themselves," individually and/or collectively, as they try to understand and make sense of those inescapable Physics. When they know/realize better, they do better. The most important thing is not to get lost in unconscious convention's (and its equally unconscious scientists') stereotyping or (often derogatory) dismissals of "strange" phenomena, but rather to keep an open mind as you move/grow toward their answers.

• NoetPoet Jan 07, 2014

Might be of interest:

http://iopscience.iop.org/1742-6596/418/1/012002/pdf/1742-6596_418_1_012002.pdf

• NoetPoet Jan 07, 2014

(That is to say, I do beg your pardon...)

• NoetPoet Jan 07, 2014

PS If what you meant about building electrical charges on purpose was that *even when* you build a static charge *by well-understood means* you still have residual charge afterwards, then it might be due to the charge differential between your body and whatever you're using to discharge being insufficient to eliminate all the accumulated charge. If you have dry skin that might also have something to do with your electrical anomalies.

Do beg my pardon though if any part of the above came across as condescending...

• NoetPoet Jan 07, 2014

“That's why I came here. I'm interested in finding out more about this consciousness stuff, and bioelectricity, and the other stuff on this site, I'm not trying to debunk it. That does however seem to be your agenda, and if that's all you're interested in doing, please stop. I've read your arguments on other threads, and I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't start a fight on this one.”

You said you wanted scientific explanations for your experiences, and I am trying to help you find some. But when I try to conduct a scientifically-minded process of elimination of possible explanations, you turn on me. So what is it that you really want? Do you want a certain kind of explanation which suits your personal preferences, irrespective of how truthful that explanation actually is? Tell me if this is the case and I will leave this thread alone, and someone else can (eventually) come along and give you an "explanation" which involves wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff**. The only fight in this thread is the one you’ve concocted in your imagination.

**Dr Who reference, in case you thought I made it up to be condescending. Maybe google it ;)

• NoetPoet Jan 07, 2014

“I think there are a couple hundred ways to build up a static charge on purpose, maybe Google it.”

You said that you could build it up on purpose, implying that it is an unexplained ability. Now you’re telling me to google how to do it. So I gather this means your “ability” is in fact scientifically explainable? Again I asked how you *in particular* do it, and I get the distinct sense that you are avoiding the question.

“Something hit my chest with enough force to make the bed make noise, that's why she asked. I didn't cry out, or scream, or move. That stuff doesn't scare me, I'd just like to know whats causing it. I don't believe in ghosts.”

So it felt like something hit you in the chest, and it delivered enough force to your chest to make the bed move but not your own body? That really doesn’t make any sense.

“I'm not gonna write a book about the premonition dreams. They happen. The one I mentioned was just when I started paying attention to dreams I remembered clearly, that felt like the one I had about her. I didn't know her well, and I did make a conscious decision to help her because of the dreams, months later, and the road leading to that was not my choice. I thought maybe I was being influenced, or lead, I dunno, I just felt it. Turned out to be a warning I guess.”

Just to clarify: you *did* make a conscious decision to help her because of the dreams? I want to make sure that wasn’t a typo. As to the matter of choice: in reality there is no such thing as “your” choice or “my” choice, because free will is an illusion and in many cases our subconscious minds makes a decision for us long before we consciously “choose” to make that decision.

“I don't know if you mean to or not, but you're coming off as very condescending. Nothing you've posted has been anything I haven't already thought of, except the ridiculous books which I wouldn't waste my time on.”

What about my posts do you find condescending? Keep in mind that I don’t know you from a bar of soap (and vice-versa), so if I seem to be asking you “condescending” questions it is because I have to in order to 1) establish what avenues of investigation you’ve already pursued and 2) have any chance of helping you work out what’s going on. Considering that I am the only person on this forum thus far who has bothered to respond to your queries, I would expect an intelligent person such as yourself to show a bit more appreciation and a bit less hostility. What makes you think the book I mentioned is ridiculous? How can you make that call if you haven’t even read it?

• NoetPoet Jan 07, 2014

“I've been a Network Engineer for 11 years, I know how an ESD strap works.”

So have you talked to other network engineers to see if they have had similar experiences or any insights about the matter? ESD strap or no, I would really be looking into the possibility that being in a profession which requires you to work with electromagnetic equipment all day might have a long term effect on your body’s electrical dynamics.

• Anonymous Icon

AZALA Jan 06, 2014

@NoetPoet

Like I said, this has been going on for 15 years and I'm an intelligent person. I've been through every single thing you've brought up. When I said the clothes don't matter, I meant that it doesn't matter what clothes I'm wearing, it can be something that I shouldn't be building a static charge in, and I will. I'm aware of how static electricity works, and I wouldn't have taken time to ask about this if my sweater was causing me to ESD. It can be in any store, I haven't really studied it, but it can be a clothes store, grocery store, one time it was at Bass Pro Shops in Missouri. I'm not very well educated on brand or models of shopping carts though. I'm aware that shuffling your feet when you walk can cause static buildup. That static buildup is not a constant, and neither are the dreams, or the stuf most people would think is a "haunting" or something. It all comes and goes except the watch and light bulb things. Those are constant.

It wasn't 7 watches in 15 years, the last time I wore a watch was when I wore the Timex in my sock drawer over 5 years ago, I quit trying. I couldn't keep a brand new battery in a brand new watch for over a week. I'm aware of what light bulbs to use in what sockets, and wattage ratings.

I've been a Network Engineer for 11 years, I know how an ESD strap works.

I think there are a couple hundred ways to build up a static charge on purpose, maybe Google it.

Something hit my chest with enough force to make the bed make noise, that's why she asked. I didn't cry out, or scream, or move. That stuff doesn't scare me, I'd just like to know whats causing it. I don't believe in ghosts.

I'm not gonna write a book about the premonition dreams. They happen. The one I mentioned was just when I started paying attention to dreams I remembered clearly, that felt like the one I had about her. I didn't know her well, and I did make a conscious decision to help her because of the dreams, months later, and the road leading to that was not my choice. I thought maybe I was being influenced, or lead, I dunno, I just felt it. Turned out to be a warning I guess.

I don't know if you mean to or not, but you're coming off as very condescending. Nothing you've posted has been anything I haven't already thought of, except the ridiculous books which I wouldn't waste my time on. That's why I came here. I'm interested in finding out more about this consciousness stuff, and bioelectricity, and the other stuff on this site, I'm not trying to debunk it. That does however seem to be your agenda, and if that's all you're interested in doing, please stop. I've read your arguments on other threads, and I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't start a fight on this one.

• NoetPoet Jan 06, 2014

EDIT: you might be wearing clothes made out of materials which have a strong *triboelectric effect* and not realize it.

• NoetPoet Jan 06, 2014

The clothes you wear do matter – you might have a tendency to wear clothes made out of certain conductive fabrics and not realize it. What kind of ESD strap do you use? Do you use it according to the manufacturer’s instructions? Is it wireless or connected to a ground conductor? You live in a part of the world known for having a lot of thunderstorms and severe tornados. Do your electrical effects seem more noticeable during or just before stormy weather, or during certain times of year? Can you describe your grocery store, e.g. the type of floor, what type of materials the shelves are made from, the type of shopping carts they have, and presence of any unusual objects? What kind of shoes do you wear to the grocery store, and do you shuffle your feet when you walk?

You said that you can build electrostatic charges up in your body on purpose. Can you outline the steps involved in doing this? I’m interested in trying this out for myself, and I imagine others would be interested in trying it as well.

Re the girl: do you mean that you didn’t give a second thought to the dreams or the girl? What was your relationship with the girl when you had the dreams? I notice that in this particular case your own deliberate actions after the dreams – particularly moving into your own place and then agreeing to let the girl move in with you – were integral to making your repetitive dream come true, so perhaps this was actually a self-fulfilling prophecy?

Re the touching sensations: your experience of something landing on your chest one night sounds similar to a particular kind of hypnogogic hallucination known as the Old Hag Syndrome. This is a fairly common phenomenon, and it is usually accompanied by a heightened sense of awareness even though the experiencer is actually only half awake. Your wife might have heard you either cry out during this waking dream (without you realizing it), or she might have heard you move or exhale suddenly because your body reflexively responded to what your mind thought was an object landing on your chest.

Re the watches: having 7 wristwatches break over a 15 year period is not that unusual, particularly if you work with electromagnetic equipment for a living, tend to buy inexpensive watches, or if you don’t take care to keep them away from water and ensure that they don’t get knocked against things.

Re the light bulbs: it might be something to do with the wattage, type or quality of bulbs that you’re using. It could also be because of moisture being on some of the bulbs when they’re hot. Keep in mind that it is highly possible for different instances to have different explanations.

• Anonymous Icon

AZALA Jan 06, 2014

I live in Northwest Arkansas, and I'm an IT professional. I'm very aware of how static electricity works. The clothes I'm wearing don't matter, and I keep the same static buildup while grounded with an ESD strap. The flors in my house are carpet, but it doesn't matter what the floor is, it's the same on linoleum, hardwood, ect. I can build up a charge in the grocery store that will hurt a normal person to discharge, and do it 20-30 times during one shopping trip.

About 3 months after I graduated high school I started having repetitive dreams about a girl in my graduating class, that I never gave a second thought to. The dreams were that she was living with me, and things were very hectic. At the time I was still living at home. Couple of months after that, I had my own place, ran into her in town, and she was living with me, and things were hectic. It was a bad experience, just like in the dreams that there is no explanation for me having, ever, no matter what dribble I've ever had spewed at me to try to explain it. It would be one thing if that was the only time it happened, but that was just the first time. After that I started writing down dreams I could remember. Now I'm here.

The touching thing is almost impossible to explain to someone who has never experienced it, but they aren't hallucinations, they've been shared with other people. One example is something fell or jumped on my chest in bed one night, and my wife who was in the bed next to me (separate bed, just had our daughter, and she was still breast feeding) asked me what that was. I acted like nothing happened. I notice it goes on for much longer unless I ignore it. I've also noticed I typically get kind of a heightened sense of awareness feeling before stuff like that happens.

These things have happened in 4 different living locations over 15 years. 7 different watches with all kinds of different batteries, two of which were very expensive watches, and one of which was a friends who didn't believe me. 2 apartments and 2 houses. I've our current house checked by the electric company, and a sparky that I know personally, and neither could tell me why our light bulbs go out so much. 7-10 times it's when I turn the light on it pops and goes out.

It's crazy man, hehe.

• NoetPoet Jan 06, 2014

Re the electrical anomalies: what kinds of materials are your clothes generally made of? What kinds of floors do you have and are the carpeted or not? Do you know if you have elevated levels of iron in your blood?

• NoetPoet Jan 06, 2014

The watch batteries, light bulbs and the electrostatic charge are things I'd have to look into, and you may need to give more information. Some questions which immediately come to mind: how do you build the electrostatic charge? What region of the world do you live in?

As for being touched by things before sleep, that sounds like hypnogogic hallucinations. Hypnogogia is the transitional state of consciousness between wakefulness and sleep, and during this state dreams can seem like they are occurring in real life. Hypnogogic hallucinations are quite common, and they do not mean that you are mentally ill. Your daytime touching sensations could be the product of misperception due to heightened suggestibility (i.e. you have these experiences because you expect to have them), or they could also be hallucinations (again, this does not automatically make you a loony). You should read a book called "Hallucinations" by Oliver Sacks, it provides solid scientific yet accessible explanations for these sorts of experiences.

Regarding the repetitive dreams predicting the future: this could be a combination of generous interpretation, selective memory of unusual dreams, and your mind actually making sophisticated educated guesses about events that are likely to happen in the future. Although again I don't know anything about these dreams so I am just offering suggestions at this point.

The dreams where you know you're in a dream are actually quite common, they're called "lucid dreams" and apparently it's even possible to train yourself to have and control them. Like your dreams within dreams, lucid dreams are unusual but by no means paranormal or beyond the understanding of modern science.

As for getting it stopped, I would start by going to a GP or a psychologist. They might be able to get some neurological tests done on you for all the dream-related stuff to see what's going on in your brain. They might also be able to give you explanations about the electrostatic stuff as well.

• or Sign Up to Add a Comment

Stay in touch with IONS