Discussions

A Wise Man Wise

Posted Jan. 3, 2014 by mrmathew1963 in Open

Anonymous Icon

commented on Jan. 8, 2014
by RealityOverScience

Written by Mathew Naismith

A wise man wondering about the country side came across a valley with a large village poised in the middle of the valley & stopped to ponder when all of a sudden a person from this village appeared & approached the wise man as if the wise man was expected. “Will you be our mentor & leader” the man from the village said quite directly without hesitation & without introducing himself first up to the wise man. The wise man poised in silence & then asked of himself in quietens, “Will I be their mentor & leader” while the man from the village stood by in bafflement to why a wise man would not answer such a simple question straight up.

An answer come from within the wise man & was immediately relayed onto the man from the village. “It takes a wise man to see a wise man, what you see in me you are also, from this all what one needs to do is become aware enough to know this”. The man from the village seemed even more baffled & perplexed while looking down towards the ground pondering what this all means. Looking up at the wise man again in silence the man from the village poised in thought thinking I see your wisdom so what you are saying I too am of that wisdom but that isn’t so. Immediately the wise man noticing what the man from the village was thinking said, “It takes a very wise man to ponder & a not so wise man to not ponder at all as all answers are within & to connect with this inner knowing one must poise & ponder in silence to obtain such knowing from within. You are ready my friend to take lead as you have pondered”. “But I have not had such experiences & the knowing as you have to lead as you “the man from the village murmured back. Without pondering as the wise man was still speaking from within, “A wise old man once said,” It is far wiser to know ones limitations & it’s another thing to allow these limitations to limit oneself , knowledge & experience will come if one is wise enough in the first place to know of one’s limitations as you have done”.

Still perplexed but understanding to a point of what the wise man was saying, “So if I became leader & mentor of my own people wisdom is all I need, knowledge & experience will come forth as I no longer limit myself to these limitations?” Straight back the wise man said, “Nothing is impossible if we ponder for a moment for it is within this pondering we become wiser & more understanding of our inner knowing but not only that we will also be more aware of what is a round us thus we become more knowing of all without lifting a finger. You must be aware of what is within, are you or are you not ready?”

The man from the village paused for a while looking down at the ground again & then looked up at the wise man again with quite a determined look on his face about to ask another question when the wise man queried, “Have you noticed how you look down while pondering”, “I suppose so” the village man replied, “Wisdom isn’t of finding awareness when looking down for in this lies our limitations, always when pondering look about & within, once you learn to do this knowing will come from being aware not looking down into our limitations”. All of a sudden the village man broke into a huge smile, “I’ve got it, I’ve got it’. “Indeed you have my wise friend” was the last thing the wise man said to the man from the village as he leaped down to his village within the valley yelling out” I’ve got it”.

While still pondering while watching the man from the village leaping & yelling down towards his village in glee the wise man thought for a moment, “I am now mentor & leader of but another village without even wanting it to be, such is wisdom” & then he turned away from the valley with the village below & strolled off into the country side again not knowing or wanting or needing to know for where his wisdom will take him.

To some who are unable to reason past a certain point this might not seem like a NOETIC issue but I believe it is. Where wisdom is knowledge & understanding is sure to follow which means one needs wisdom in the first place to know more profoundly.

• 5 Comments  
  • Anonymous Icon

RealityOverScience Jan 08, 2014

MrMat...

The reason direct experience is so important is because the truth of what the Universe is doing was around loooong before humans came along to try to "reinvent the wheel" and make it all about themselves.

The Answers are in Doing/Being.

That's why telepathy is so important, and so legitimate.

Unfortunately, "telepathy" is one of those words/concepts, like "precognition," that unconscious society and its equally unconscious scientists have turned into their laughing stock. Until they realize what they've done and grow beyond that, their delay/delay will be only their own.

Animals detect imminent events because they remain in tune with their own, which is also the Universe's, natural phÿsics/origin, which is not locked into unconscious convention's version of timeXspace, etc., and neither are Conscious/Enlightened folks.

The way/Way out of that self-imposed (however inadvertent) trap of unconscious convention is to "do the work" of Consciousness 101, which IS a lot of very hard work because folks have to step out of the easy lure and allure of subconsciously doing "what everybody else is doing," and their resistances are their fighting off traversing/breaking out of the limitations of conventional reasoning.

• Anonymous Icon

RealityOverScience Jan 06, 2014

Dust,

I was teasing. It's a reference to a scene in a comedy movie.

Life itself is a comedy movie, when one processes multidimensionally.

But ya gotta "do the work" to realize it. The Universe has an incredible sense of humor! :)

• mrmathew1963 Jan 04, 2014

G'day ROS

I wish others where more constructive like this instead of destructive within their obvious criticism all the times, it's getting rather tiresome however I will never fold to any unbecoming behaviour for in this lies acceptance of such.

I believe it takes wisdom to be wise enough to go into ones own quietness, most of us including myself most times aren't wise enough to know this.

Direct experiences comes when one sees no limits as just limits but something for which to know. I actually added a bit more to this post on my blog to try to explain the story a little better as some weren't quite getting it.

Wisdom was needed in this story to not just identify wisdom within all ourselves but to identify & understand that our limits are there to show us what we don’t know & understand. The villager had the wisdom to identify with his own ponderings but didn’t as yet understand that he’s limits were actually limiting him, he saw them as borders to never be crossed unless one was experienced & knowing enough to cross them. Once the villager realised these limits weren’t there to limit him but to show him what he didn’t know & understand he became more aware of his inner wisdom & yelled out I’ve got it.

Everyone believe it or not has this inner wisdom we just see limitations instead of wisdom as the villager did. Also pondering in this circumstance wasn’t about thinking either, it was pondering without thought to attain inner knowing which of course isn’t of actual mindful thought.

Thanks for mentioning total quietude, quite constructive, thank you ROS my dear.

• Anonymous Icon

dustproduction Jan 04, 2014

Re: There's a reason why Moses fell down the mountain and broke some of his Commandments!

In what verse does Moses fall down the mountain? See Exodus 32:19 "It came about, as soon as Moses came near the camp, that he saw the calf and the dancing; and Moses' anger burned, and he threw the tablets from his hands and shattered them at the foot of the mountain."

In the Quran however the tablets were not broken: ""When Moses came back to his people, angry and grieved, he said: 'Evil it is that ye have done in my place in my absence: did ye make haste to bring on the judgment of your Lord?' He put down the tablets, seized his brother by (the hair of) his head, and dragged him to him..." (Quran 7:150). "When the anger of Moses was appeased, he took up the tablets: in the writing thereon was guidance and Mercy for such as fear their Lord." (Quran 7:154)."

• Anonymous Icon

RealityOverScience Jan 04, 2014

There's a reason why Moses fell down the mountain and broke some of his Commandments! ;)

Direct *experience* is the ONLY key to Universal Truth.

Language is merely a mask, a comfort zone, a hiding place, a crust, a magnet that holds convention and its reasoning into a particular and convenient timeXspace location in the Universe so it can live in denial of all else present and ongoing. Removing surface language forces one out of the roboticism of subconscious meanderings and into the very hard *work* of being fully present in the reality of reality, where time and space become realized for what and where they really are, exposing and revealing multiple dimensions, parallel universes, and yes, even wormholes, etc., as being just as real as your...relatives!

And, just as close!

Try *experiencing* total quietude for two hours (an important math), with not a word, and *experience* yourself falling through spaceXtime!

Extraordinary!

• or Sign Up to Add a Comment

Stay in touch with IONS