Discussions

What are the similarities of atheism & theism?

Posted Sept. 19, 2013 by mrmathew1963 in Open

commented on Sept. 20, 2013
by mrmathew1963

What are the similarities of atheism & theism? They both can produce facts & they both mainly work on theories to prove their deductive reasoning’s but it’s within these deductive reasoning’s where they are so different but its’ only within these deductive reasoning’s they so different. Both atheism & theism base their deductive reasoning on theories not absolute facts, can either ism prove or disprove a God or deities exist but both these isms base all their deductions on this one unproven fact.

Any ism can & does give us bias/subjective perceptions & this is but another similarity between atheism & theism. They can both be very destructive as well as being constructive, the dark ages was a good example of the destructive influences of theism but today we have consumerist materialism destroying our environment which is mostly generated by atheist scientists or multinationals.

The more you think about it the more dissimilar they are!!

Please in this discussion try to stick to the similarities of both these isms as we already know there dissimilarities, obviously.

• 4 Comments  
  • mrmathew1963 Sep 20, 2013

G’day Jim

Isms can & often do denote dogmatisms which of course blind us to other views & ideologies which in turn hinders our awareness.

Conditioning is a good one; it’s difficult to start thinking for oneself if we have set modes of thought. I was born into an atheist family but I was one of the lucky ones to transcend from this however having ghostly encounters that science today can’t account for certainly swayed me to think for myself. I suppose those who are unlucky enough not to experience such occurrences would be less aware & knowing. There’s a big possibility I wouldn’t be as aware as I am now if it wasn’t for my experiences early on in my life however in saying that my parents also experienced similar things but they are still staunch atheists. I would have to say though I’m more of an agnostic than anything even though I believe in a creative consciousness but a creative consciousness no higher than I.

Should we be more compassionate towards those who have missed out having such life changing experiences I wonder?

G’day Ros

Lack of awakening, that’s a good one Ros, I hope you don’t mind me calling you Ros RealityOverScience!!

Actually I wish I didn’t know what I know, I really wish I was less aware because I love spontaneity & playing the game the way it is no matter which way it goes however a lot of people don’t which of course I fully understand. The funny thing is if I didn’t have this awareness in the first place I wouldn’t be thinking this, I would also think I’m entrapped. Most people don’t know how to get themselves out of this perceived entrapment because they have ventured too far from the light so to speak which of course is sad indeed.

I don’t worry about the warring, degradation & profanity like I used too because this is what they have chosen to do however I’m still human with human emotional tendencies so I will still show my concern at an individualistic level.

• Jim Centi Sep 19, 2013

G'day again mrmathew 1963

Interesting topic, it stimulates the thinking process.

Both theism and atheism have followers with varying levels of intellect. They both have those who are well read and those who follow blindly after hearing one speaker or reading one book.

Both theism and atheism have those who are unable to transcend their childhood or parental conditioning. That is to say if they were born into a family of theists or atheists, they remain a theist or atheist through much of their lives.

• Anonymous Icon

RealityOverScience Sep 19, 2013

Lack of Awakening.

Neither realizes that there is so much more going on in the Universe than either of those.

With genuine Enlightenment, you really can see what is actually there, and precisely where the answers/physics behind both atheism and religion originate.

No one wants to "go there," to those answers/physics, but only really because they don't know how, and don't realize how profoundly incredible the real Truth actually is, or that it can even be realized. It is their ultimate physics truth of their own beingness, their own Existence, so the peace of mind, and the joy, are precisely what they are searching for. They just don't know that yet.

Sad, because the warring continues, when it just doesn't have to be.

• Jim Centi Sep 19, 2013

G'day mrmathew 1963

Both theism and atheism have their dogmatists, their zealots.

• or Sign Up to Add a Comment

Stay in touch with IONS