Discussions

External Wisdom

Posted Oct. 14, 2012 by mrmathew1963 in Open

commented on Nov. 12, 2012
by mrmathew1963

“The wisest words in the world will never help you unless you are willing to help yourself”.

This is to do with learning from our external environment & being willing to accept that just maybe someone else’s interpretation & beliefs might be right or have at least some grounding for one to learn from. Accepting all external knowing as possible truth helps in the willingness to help yourself for if we do the opposite in only excepting our own beliefs/knowing as being fact all we are doing is fighting against ourselves with the rest of our external knowing environment thus we are not helping ourselves to become wise.

It is said true wisdom comes from within but wisdom can only be firstly learnt from our external environmental selves for if we keep fighting against this external environment we will never see our inner wise selves so really true wisdom really does come from our external environmental selves.

There is a little bit of a paradox here, for one to cope better with one’s outer environment one needs to go within to see the outer environment in a different light & once this is done one is able to bring one’s inner knowing & wisdom forth into the light, the outer environment. The paradox is if one isn’t coping to well or accepting of this external environment one can’t go with in & that’s where practicing in yoga, meditation, Tao & so forth help, this is helping yourself.

In human history this is, I think, where we are at, practicing in these things to help with coping with our external environment to help go within to our inner knowing & wisdom, we are, in my mind, in the infant stages of this, the next stage is actually finding our inner wisdom so we can see our external world in quite a different truer light not just something to escape from because we have no true understanding of it.

“Truer understanding comes from acceptance of what is without conflict”.

Love
Mathew

• 9 Comments  
  • mrmathew1963 Nov 12, 2012

G'day Fallensoul

Yes this is what I'm saying & I totally agree in what you have written here........Because we are influenced by our external environment & we are external beings we are indeed influenced by the external states of awareness but the wisdom flows when one losses the feeling of needing to conflict with our external environment, we are brought up to believe in conflicting with our external environment not just through war but in just about everything else that has something to do with the negative ego like the way we & others look or act for instance.

Once we find this non-conflicting state of awareness we are then able to listen to our inner wisdom but if we don't find this state of awareness it becomes much harder for our our inner wisdom to come forth & be noticed, this external wisdom in showing wisdom in a non-conflicting state of awareness to become aware of one's inner wisdom.

In saying all this however there is this conscious change that we are going through now to consider which will influence us without having to go into a non-conflicting state of awareness but this state will help with the process I believe.

Love
    Mathew

• Fallensoul Nov 12, 2012

mrmathew1963: According to the vedic literatures, we are receiving guidance internally from our the Supreme Absolute Being, whom we are intimately connected with as His part and parcel. This guidance can be called inspiration or a noetic intuition -- a sense of knowing what is right and wrong. When one sincerely and seriously takes shelter of that guidance, the guru within the heart, manifests as an external guru, who helps you grow in your SD. Therefore the principle is that Guru is one, but in order for us to not become confused by the material mind and sense demands, an bona-fide external guru (who himself is self-realized) is essential to help you advance spiritually. Otherwise one becomes a slave to his own material mind, thinking that this is spiritual advancement. So really its dependent on your greediness to develop spiritually, then by that desire the guidance will come naturally both from within and without.

• mrmathew1963 Nov 07, 2012

G'day Snapper

I've deliberately slowed my spiritual development from when I was first awoken to SD in my early teens, by my mid-teens I could ask any question at all & get an immediate right answer, I left this behind in my late teens to focus on what is called normal life.

I am now on the road back to SD but haven't come across any group & master yet but I do feel quite strongly when I do I know I will transform my knowing into wisdom.

Love
    Mathew

• mrmathew1963 Nov 07, 2012

G'day Lawrence

I would say it's defiantly a big part of it......belief systems give us dogmatic miss-interpretations of other belief systems, they do indeed blind us to just believing in one or two principles which of course blinds us to any other system of belief thus unproductivity hindering us from further advancement, human history shows this time a time again how certain belief in certain principles have slowed our advancement.

Love
    Mathew

• Anonymous Icon

snapper Nov 06, 2012

hi lawrence,
    consider this, all that is born including our beliefs must die,truth is eternal and resides with our real self which cannot die because it was never born.
    the truth can become part of our nature,as also untruth can become part of our nature,truth and untruth need to be consciously worked through and then let go.

regards

snapper.

• Anonymous Icon

snapper Nov 06, 2012

hi mathew,
    we are all jo-blos,and we are all on the road to a higher consciousness even if we are not aware of it,every time someone makes a conscious effort to find the truth we are all uplifted.
    i was in a similar position to you 25 years ago,fortunately i found a group of like minded people and a master who was prepared to teach us as long as we where prepared to commit ourselves to him on a long term basis,this was a big turning point in my life,and althougth he has now passed on his teaching lives on through his pupils
    there where two things he said at the start: not to believe any thing he taught us until we had experienced it for ourselves and to be very careful what we came to believe as the truth. our first practical work was to bring ourselves into the present moment ,this can be achieved by being aware of our physical body ,it takes a long time to maintain this state of awareness but the more you practice the more you will be able to be in this concsious state,rather than in our normal state of(waking sleep).
    we also did a practice meditation three times a day 10 minutes per session to learn to bring our minds to rest and learn to use our senses correctly.
    i cant stress enough how important it is to work with a group and with a commited teacher. maybe ions can help you with this.
    always be kind to yourself with this work,all be will revealed to you when you are ready.

regards,

snapper.

• Anonymous Icon

LawrenceCarson Nov 02, 2012

Pondering with --> mrmathew1963

Can what you are sharing with us be found in the following quote?

"When we die of our beliefs ... we will awaken to our truth?"
    quote by - Yrral Nosrac

• mrmathew1963 Oct 29, 2012

G'day Snapper

Most people I feel are struggling with the external environment too much to look within for the answers as all the questions that we need in one particular life are within. I hear of so many people reading one book & then another which contradicts the first one in a certain way which confuses them in what to believe, external wisdom is confusing but if one went within all is known for that life's journey I believe. To do this one needs the wisdom to stop struggling with the external environment & it’s knowing.

It's difficult for the average jo-blo to take on a different concept of understanding & acceptance of quietening one’s mind to gain real wisdom, it takes time & a little blind faith with oneself.

Love
    Mathew

• Anonymous Icon

snapper Oct 27, 2012

knowledge is useless without action, if we want to find the truth we need to first quieten the mind and let all preconsceived notions fall away,then being
    fully aware of ourselves bring the mind to rest where the work is taking place and just observe what is happening,this may sound simple,but it takes
    a lot of practice to get it right,but when we are able to accomplish this without seeking any results from what is taking place then the truth will arise.

when alladin rubbed the magic lamp the genie appeared.

there is also another way that we can receive the truth,and that is through intuition. but that can wait for another day.

regards
    snapper.

• or Sign Up to Add a Comment

Stay in touch with IONS