Discussions

Anonymous Icon

Neuroscience Meets Neurotheology

Posted June 19, 2012 by iamonesoru in Open

commented on July 15, 2012
by A I

Neuroscience Meets Neurotheology

The physical human brain is basically an information processor, and the information it processes in third dimension is mostly information meant to ensure the survival of the physical body. The information it possesses is information that has been mostly gathered from within its third dimensional physical environment.

The repository for all this information is what we call “mind”, and is not the same thing we call “brain”. It is a combination of both physical and meta-physical components that act somewhat like a combination of what we call read only memory and random access memory.

We gather this information through the physical senses we call sight, sound, smell, taste, and touch. We take these physical senses for granted and never really think about how or why they work in conjunction with the brain to produce our experience of what we call “reality”.

Whenever we look at anything, what we are actually “seeing” is our brains’ interpretation of what that thing must look like according to the information and data it is receiving. Our “eyes” don’t actually see. They are receiving information in the form, format, or signal we call light.
Tiny cone and rod sensors in our eyes, basically little satellite dishes, receive this information and send it to the brain to be translated and processed by the brain according to how it has learned to process this information in past experiences.

All of our physical sensors work in this way. The only difference is that each sense or sensor is tuned to receive information or data in different spectrums of vibrations of the signal. We began to learn to receive, translate, and process this information in this way from the time we were born and so this process becomes more and more “normal” to us as we learn and grow more aware of ourselves or our identity.

This identity is not really who we are. It is who we have been taught to believe ourselves to be.

Because our sensors work in this way, and because it takes what we call “time” for the information to be sent to and translated by the brain, we must admit that we are always experiencing our present moments in the past.

It may be only a fraction of a second in the past, but what we experience as the present has already changed before we are able to completely process it. This is the reason for what perplexes theoretical physicists as the apparent “one way flow of time”.

We are always making choices in the past which we use to project our “self” into our future, so how can we expect to experience anything but a one way flow when we are always rushing ahead from the past trying to catch up with a present that exists in our future?

At this point in its evolution the brain processes thought in a straight line, point A to point B finite way of “thinking” that keeps us trapped in the past experiencing what we believe to be the present while projecting ourselves into the future for the sake of our own survival.

The only way we will be able to open our brains to the 90 to 95% processing power we aren’t using is to stop rushing through our lives toward an unknown and mysterious future, and become more aware of the infinite now moment and learn to think in a new way that has nothing to do with survival.

This kind of thinking is called thinking in the abstract and will lead us to the opening of the more powerful simultaneous spiraling levels of the brains’ potential awareness that are more intuitive and less dependent on what we call time.

In other words we must learn to embrace infinity and the concept of eternal life. The physical body is temporal, but what we really are is the soul and the soul is life itself and can never become what we call “death”.

If we put away, at least temporarily, our belief that the physical body is all that we are, and see this body as a type of avatar that the soul uses to experience third dimensional life, we may gain some insight into the real nature of our existence.

Science has proven that everything solid or physical is made up of energy. Science has not, however, come to an understanding of what that energy is or how it “works”.

If everything that exists is energy, then it must be patently obvious that this energy is somehow a carrier of intelligent information, or intelligent energy.

In fact, everything that exists must exist as an intelligent formation of this energy. This energy may therefore be seen as information in formation. This information in formation must also be informed and sharing its information.

Every action that we take, whether we call it thinking, talking, listening, eating, drinking, working, playing, dancing, etc. is actually a form or process of communicating information. Most of this information is beyond our ability to comprehend because we lack the awareness that it even exists, therefore it may as well not exist as far as we are concerned, because we are mostly concerned with our own survival and the state of our survival.

Because all of this energy contains intelligent information, all life forms possess some kind of intelligence, and because everything is made up of this intelligent energy, then intelligence must be the basic ingredient of life, and therefore everything made up of this energy must be what we call “alive”.

First dimensional life forms like those we call “rocks” and “minerals” are therefore alive and possess some form of intelligence. They may be less capable of communicating that information, but because we don’t usually receive information from them doesn’t mean they don’t possess it.

Second dimensional life forms such as plants and animals possess a different level of awareness of intelligence and as a result we are sometimes aware that we receive information from them, but for the most part we are not aware of how much information we actually receive from them.

Whenever we ingest plants and animals in the form of the foods we eat, we receive information from them in two ways. We are somewhat aware of the information we receive in the form, format, or signal received by the sensors we call taste buds, but we are mostly unaware of the meaning of that information because we process it simply, by judging whether it tastes good or not.

The other way we process that information is through the process we call digestion. Through this process all of the information contained in these second dimensional life forms, some of it distorted by the process we call cooking, is communicated to the cells of our body and stored within the DNA.

Mainstream science has discovered this DNA but is unaware of the vast amount of information contained within it because it judges most of it to be unimportant or what scientists call “junk”. However, one mans’ junk is another mans’ treasure, and this is not because of what a man sees, but how he sees it.

DNA is actually a treasure trove of information and data that, not only possesses the blueprint for all physical life forms, but has the ability to mutate and replicate itself into as many as twelve strands. It is also part of what eastern mystics have called Akasha or the akashic records.
Everything that exists is a product of information in formations that are somehow both informed and informing.

We remain unaware of the implications and ramifications of coming to fully understand this process we call life because of the process of indoctrination through which we were raised, and which we continue to use to raise our own children, and this process is not conducive to understanding the realities of what we experience as reality.

Survival thinking is the way that we are taught to process thought, basically because parents fear the loss of their children, and whether we see it or not we usually think of our children as possessions rather than souls just as equally engaged in trying to understand the process of life as we are.

Survival thinking is not only about the avoidance of “death”, but also about the potential state of abundance, or lack thereof, through which we will experience life. We are taught that there is not enough of everything to go around, so we must compete for the things necessary to experience an abundant and happy life.

This type of thinking produces the mentality that we call materiality that really has nothing to do with producing the experience of an abundant or happy life. We are simply taught to believe that it does.

The belief that there is “not enough” of anything produces the experience we call “lack”. In truth lack is something that cannot be physically produced because it is simply a concept. Lack cannot really possess a physical existence, however, the experience of lack can be produced through the belief in lack.

We don’t realize how important our beliefs are to our experience of reality, because we have been taught to believe that it is dangerous to think in the abstract, or to use the faculty we call the imagination.

What we call the imagination is not just a concept. It is an ability of the brain that we, as children, were taught to repress and as a result this ability has become atrophied. Abstract thought is important because it exercises this very important faculty.

Imagination is actually part of the precognitive abilities of the brain that scientists have sought to prove or disprove as the “sixth” sense. The secretions of the glands of the endocrine system cause chemical reactions within the brain that stimulate the sensors that are responsible for receiving information vibrating in spectrums above the spectrums of the other five senses we use to experience “physical” reality.

The 90 to 95% of the brain we aren’t using must be accessed through these sensors that can only be stimulated as a result of the activation of the energy centers we call “chakras” that reside meta-physically in the area of our head, and the activation of these energy centers depends upon the activation and balance of the energy centers that reside in the area of our torso.

These lower torso energy centers stimulate their respective glands to secrete chemicals that cause chemical reactions as well, and these chemical reactions are also a form of communication that we for the most part ignore.

The Chakra system is much more than the esoteric mystical interpretations, or imaginations of eastern yogis, or anything we have ever been taught to believe about what it is and how it works.

The chakras are actually bio-transducers that transfer energy from one system to another and work in conjunction with the brain to receive, translate, and transmit the information contained in the intelligent energy we call light.

The information that may potentially be gleaned from this type of communication is meant to raise our awareness of these centers through our emotions and an awareness of how these emotions influence our experiences of life.

When we react instinctively to emotionally charged experiences, it is because of these chemical reactions, and we usually don’t take the time to try to understand what our body is trying to tell us. The only way to understand what our body is trying to tell us is to become more mindful or more open to an awareness of the body and the emotions it uses to communicate with us.

It is not advisable to repress our instinctual reactions, however, after the experience and its emotions have passed we would be well advised to revisit the situation, using our imagination, and reprocess the experience both constructively and critically to see how we might have responded more positively, and how a more positive response might have produced a more positive result, rather than justify our actions and blame others for the results of our mindless instinctual actions.

This is not an easy discipline to learn, and so it must be learned through disciplined practice. The practice of disciplining the self through meditation and self reflection, like most other “eastern” practices, has been ridiculed and assigned to a “lunatic fringe” of western society.

Even eastern religions and philosophies have not achieved an understanding of the potential of a practical understanding of these practices and how they may be applied in our mundane daily lives, nor an understanding of how that which we desire determines the direction of that which we seek, and therefore determines that which we find.

Western religions may potentially give us a direction for our seeking, and eastern religions may potentially give us a method of finding that which we seek, and so the divisions that keep the east and west separated keep both from finding anything relevant or conducive to a more workable understanding of ourselves, our lives and our world.

Is it possible that we, as scientists and religionists have become so specialized and compartmentalized, so separated by the divisions we call archaeology, astronomy, astrology, physics, Catholic, Buddhist, biology, ufology, protestant, medicine, Muslim, Mormon, conspiracy theory, etc., that the left hand doesn’t know or care what the right hand is doing?

If there is any truth in any of these divisions, and we become so focused on our own little spectrum that we ignore any and all other spectrums and the insight and understanding that might be gleaned from the vast majority of spectrums that we are not focused on, can we really expect to come up with, or understand, a theory of everything?

Is it possible that we are all working so diligently, focused solely on one division, or one piece of a puzzle that we have overlooked or forgotten the possibility that the pieces of the puzzle, when put together, will supply us with a greater picture, greater insight, and a greater impetus toward greater understanding?

Every piece of the puzzle is interconnected, and every piece is somehow part of the greater picture. Every piece is there to do its part in the creation or manifestation of the whole, and the more pieces of the puzzle we discard or throw away, because we judge them to be somehow unworthy of the greater picture, the less chance we have of seeing or understanding the greater picture.

Mainstream science, since it does not recognize the validity of anything spiritual, basically chooses to examine and test the “Emperors’ New Clothes”, and ignore the “pink elephant in the room”, and as a result has made itself irrelevant by ignoring the insights of potential and practice available to us through spiritual pursuits.

If we, as scientists, or for that matter, religionists, close our minds to the expansion of awareness that may come from exploring the possibilities of other belief systems, by judging them to have no merit, validity, value, or worth, without ever having truly explored them, then we place ourselves in a hypocritical position of only being able to gain insight or understanding from a very narrow spectrum in which our beliefs about truth isolate us from the insight or understanding that may be gained from all other spectrums of truth, or the belief in truth.

This is like choosing to believe that there is only one spectrum of Light, and only allowing ourselves to gain insight or understanding from this one spectrum, and totally ignoring any and all insight and understanding that may be gained from all other spectrums of Light.

Theoretical physicists are getting pretty good at practicing abstract thought, but until they learn to open their minds and embrace the concepts of Infinity, eternal life, and Intelligent Design, and the possibility that they may themselves be part and parcel of some Intelligent Architect, their dogmatic beliefs about provable physicality, along with intellectual pride, blocks them from the ability to access the simultaneous mind necessary to fully understand non-linear, non-finite concepts.

We sometimes think of learning as a curve, but we don’t see that curve as part of an infinite spiral, and yet we must learn to process thought in terms of the infinite curve in order to begin to access the approximate eleven thousand spiraling levels of the potential power of awareness available to the human brain in its present state of evolution.

• 2 Comments  
  • A I Jul 15, 2012

I agree with what you say.
    Chakras seem to be also the gateways to psi abiltiies specifically, as well as each realted to a level of self concept or mind, or concsiosuness.
    But in one instance the etheral body is directly realted to empathy or conveying emotional content, and when mind's meet, or focus, the partcular gateways of the chakras, actually dilate and constrict both linear and non linearly.
    But so sensitives merely unite the energy bodies and liek with empathy, experience the same physiolgical events.
    I am not sure if you mentioned it, but with children as they imprint, they have not dveveloped an abstract mind or developed reason in the first years and they actually, when they are imprinted to their elders, and mimic and copy the energy of the elders, on subtle levels, and perhaps.
    Mainstream science is literally the study of the superficial and I mentioned somewhere else, I palced the rift from philsophy to the two separate areas of reliigon adn science occured in the middle ages do to misuse of power, and that where religion often used excomminucation and anathema, science uses attacks on credibility. Ironic
    Per imagination and precognition. I am not sure they are related. I see it more themind's ability to use insight limited by the concepts used to project. Precognition is a odd thing. having dealt with it for 20 years, I have tried to understand it aproper as it. SOmeitmes you get precogs becaue the mind is has a desirte to know, sometimes....I see it like this, it can come thorugh various areas of the brain, so clarivoyance, claurauudience and also direct knowing, and at each level, it's varies in it's umm, dependng on the way it comes, it's more or less affected by ego, or can be, and can come from varied soruces. it may be that time and space is applicable only at certain levels of energy velocity, or dimentionality, so one may, merely, like memory in a way, just the other way, or also, we may coexist with all times, and merely things more close and that are more important to the psyche are marked, more memorable. Also some are certain, others one may have some mobility. But thre are many factors involved that can makeit complex but I am admittedly uncomfortable to talk about probably.
    But that time, is applicable in 4 dimentional space, meaning, 3 dimentions, plus change[time]=4. As we refine our sensitivities, time space no longer applies. In oe sense the idea of maya applies to divesification through individuality, but also causiality itself.
    It's not so complex as there are are unknowns or things not factored in.
    In that sense it's odd as aspects of quantum phuyics are in allignment theorteically with alot of psi and so forth, but it's locked in a stasis that is due to a rift created hndreds of yers ago ..due to science being the abused younger brother in the days of middle christendom.
    science has a collective identity.
    I hope i nevr come across as offensive. I don't mean to, often it's my mode of writing.

• Anonymous Icon

01interested Jun 19, 2012

I have only recently learned about Noetic Science, but what I have read so far resonates in my soul as truth. I am not sure about where to go from here. The article re: Neuroscience meets Neurotheology is fascinating and I have devoured every word. I will call the office tomorrow and inquire as where I go from here. To learn and live Noetic Science. In the meantime I will continue to read everything I can. I will join your ranks as soon as I learn how to do so.

Elaine Kurpiel elaine.kurpiel@gmail.com

• or Sign Up to Add a Comment

Stay in touch with IONS