Discussions

FEAR OF PARADIGM SHIFT

Posted Feb. 27, 2012 by slowlygetnthar in Open

commented on March 10, 2012
by frequencytuner

Many people simply fear change of any sort. The recurring dialogue around the notion that we are experiencing--or on the brink of undergoing-- a paradigm shift regarding the way we understand our minds/consciousness/reality/religion/sciences is causing many folks to speculate on what religious, philosophical, social & cultural, scientific frameworks/structures we may lose, if such a shift occurs. Will we lose these if a shift occurs?

What ideas/ideals or historic precedents might folks keep in mind or adapt to help quell their fears of a paradigm shift?

• 13 Comments  
  • frequencytuner Mar 10, 2012

Fear of Change --> Denial of Nature --> Life is Change.
    The Tower of Babel was divided against itself --> Humanity fell from Grace --> Perception is Out of Focus.
    Consciousness is a Dancer --> The Universe is a Song --> The Instrument is Out of Tune.

Proverbs 1:7

Psalm 111:10

Proverbs 9:10

• slowlygetnthar Mar 10, 2012

Escape, I agree with what you are saying about folks taking the changes upon themselves and collectively making this a better world.

We do have paradigm shifts, though, and not always for the better. I think of the shift that occurred for the USA state of mind on 9/11. The subsequent responses that led to wars and all sorts of nasty things were by-products of that shift.

On the other hand, we can have shifts that are for the better. I think that the impetus for shift will occur in physical realm first, usually, and that will bring about change in thinking. (By the way, Kyrani, I don't do cheeseburgers--am a vegetarian these past several decades.) Anyway, how paradigm shifts occur beyond the physical realm--on the psychic/collective unconscious level is mysterious, but there is that example of the monkeys on various islands never washing tubers before eating them --ever--then, all of a sudden~shazam~ on the same day, on various islands, the monkeys all start washing their tubers before eating them. Now, how did that happen?

Maybe we aren't as tuned in as the other critters in our jungle!

• escape Mar 10, 2012

@kayrani

Some will understand what I wrote, perhaps not many. One can only understand it if they are able to relate it to themselves in their everyday life. Its actualy pretty simple. .

• KYRANI Mar 10, 2012

@ slowlygetnthar from the Science Delusion thread I answer you here.
    If you suddenly realized that diets and lack of exercise, genes, toxins and old age are not the causes of stress and disease at all (and I talking cancer, diabetes, heart disease and strokes) but that rather it was how you could be manipulated as to inadvertently react.. somatically, and on top of that, that it was people you knew and trusted, friends, relatives, work associates etc., for the sake of power and influence, don’t tell me the remote would not fall out of your hands, and the cheese burger and even the bite you got in your mouth! And what does all that hang off.. oh my god it’s that horror of horrors.. ESP! In a single stroke the world changes. Instead of the clinical, carefully and scientifically pigeonholed catalog of diseases and the drugs to match of course, of course.. it’s all rocks and demons! ESP/psi is the lynch pin. It’s the lay public who’ll pull it and then the crumbling pillars of science comes tumbling down and things will never be the same again. It is not a case of if it will happen but when! 2012? Could be paradigm shift! We'll lose all the ills and the phony profits and good riddance too!

• KYRANI Mar 09, 2012

@ escape
    I think you have not taken notice that in the last 20 years or so, especially since the internet has become a part of many people's lives, and trade too is now more interactive across the world on a personal level, there is more and more a global community which means people influence one another irrespective of the distance. You can go into any newpaper in the world for instance and leave a comment that others will read or go into a forum in other countries etc. This leads to a growing awareness of each other and the overall human condition. So it is reasonable that some greater awakening can happen more or less spontaneously.

Your comment also seems to suggest that people can choose more joy. How do the oppressed and those that are in their millions held to ransom over economics choose more joy? Yes joy is an inner quality but that does not mean that we don't fight oppression and liberate those that are oppressed in whichever way to live more joyously, to be able to discover the joy within.

As for compassion, do you think those that are hateful and toxic /evil can be made compassionate. I'd like to hear from you how?

You say "How many live with fear, doubt, anger, dissatisfaction, suspicion and self centeredness? I will tell you, it is many who walk the earth. This is what they bring to the world." Do you stop to think that all of these emotions are the result of real conditions in their lives? They don't bring these to the world at all. They are expressions of their situation and they have not chosen those situations of themselves. No one asks to be abused and maltreated, regardless of what the psychiatrists claim.

• escape Mar 09, 2012

I don't completely understand this whole global paradigm shift idea. That some kind of divine cosmic burst will occur that that will make everyone understand the true meaning of life and their existence. It sounds like a lot of wishful thinking and a distraction to the real work of improving oneself thereby improving the world we live in. How many can say they live joyfully? By doing so, you bring joy to the world. How many can say they live with compassion for others? Those who do, bring compassion to the world. How many live with fear, doubt, anger, dissatisfaction, suspicion and self centeredness? I will tell you, it is many who walk the earth. This is what they bring to the world. It is up to each of us to make the world better by making ourselves better people. Not overnight but by consistently working, reaching and growing towards the Light of Knowledge and Truth with Charity to all.

• KYRANI Mar 08, 2012

@ globalthrust

shifts for redefinition:

C’s --Replace Conflict by Compassion; Control by Coordination; Competition by Cooperation
    D’s – De-center, De-label, Dialogue to re-view the “other.”
    E’s – Education, Empathy, from Ethnocentricity to Ethical humanity
    H’s – From Hegemony and Homogeneity to Harmony
    I’ s – Replace Isolationism, Ignorance, and Inadequacy by Involvement, Information, and Intelligence
    MP’s – Military and Money Power to establish Peace and Prosperity – not war. Millennial Renewal.

Yes indeed it all sounds great but how do you expect to make the switch? Just redefining them is empty words. What action do you suppose is needed?

• Anonymous Icon

globalthrust Mar 07, 2012

I have workshops on paradigm shift in thinking for global harmony. The latest is titled "Intercultural Bifocals."In this peer-directed learning process we articulate points of conflict/differences and motivating shifts in thinking. The topics range from ethnic, national, cultural perspectives to the ideological; from scientific, political and economic issues to religious, philosophical, and spiritual.
    My mantra has been for at least two decades, “Let’s celebrate our differences, so we can enjoy our oneness.”

Old concepts of national interests, national borders, national integrity, exceptionalism, and such are outdated and need to be redefined.
    A sampling of shifts for redefinition:

C’s --Replace Conflict by Compassion; Control by Coordination; Competition by Cooperation
    D’s – De-center, De-label, Dialogue to re-view the “other.”
    E’s – Education, Empathy, from Ethnocentricity to Ethical humanity
    H’s – From Hegemony and Homogeneity to Harmony
    I’ s – Replace Isolationism, Ignorance, and Inadequacy by Involvement, Information, and Intelligence
    MP’s – Military and Money Power to establish Peace and Prosperity – not war. Millennial Renewal.

• Jeremiah Bilas Mar 06, 2012

In my techno optimist opinion whatever we shed due to a paradigm shift won't be needed anymore because we outgrew it. Paradigm shifts throughout history were barely imaginable before they occurred. So, @Jim Centi, I agree with you, it's hard to say anything with certainty. However, global economic collapse? I personally hope not, but then again, a birthing process is not always a pretty thing.
    @Kyrani, I too think this paradigm shift will be a positive mass awakening. In particular I hope it will be a mass holistic experience.
    Happy 2012!

• KYRANI Mar 06, 2012

@Jim Centi
    You could be right. I suspect the economic crisis has been manufactured to hold people to ransom on mass, but it will have the opposite effect. When people are in a difficult place they tend to think very differently from what is expected.. they think outside the box!

• Anonymous Icon

Jim Centi Feb 29, 2012

slowlygetnthar,

IMHO a paradigm shift can be very different from what we imagine it will be. For example, the first wave of the paradigm shift that we seem to be focused on could possibly be in the form of a severe economic collapse….Jim

• KYRANI Feb 29, 2012

It may be that while all the areas you indicated will change they won't necessarily change unrecognizably. For instance religions could change with respect to fanatical adherence. The paradigm shift I see has more to do with people discovering the mystical experience in a conscious way for themselves so that they don't rely on religious text. In science too the awakening to the reality of psi and how much it has impact on their lives will move people to a higher and more refined means of communication. IMO this paradigm shift will come about as a result of mass awakening.

• Anonymous Icon

Intergel Feb 28, 2012

The frontiersmen will forge ahead, be it bravely or fearfully. Few will regret it, as those that fear can so easily step back from the edge to rejoin the incurious. But curiosity is addictive...

• or Sign Up to Add a Comment

Stay in touch with IONS