Discussions

Can we change the past?

Posted April 11, 2011 by Prophetes in Open

commented on April 19, 2011
by cprize

According to Hawking, humans can change the past because of their actions in the present. What do you think about this concept?

• 4 Comments  
  • cprize Apr 19, 2011

We can change the future from our actions now. We cannot change the past. If you think so please supply an example we can all agree on.

• Anonymous Icon

gaines Apr 15, 2011

I think we change the past by seeing it from NOW. When the past happened, we did not have the perceptions or wisdom which we now have. So whatever happened in the past, happened to a 'different person'. We heal troubling issues which happened in the past by acknowledging them and appreciating lessons we may have learned from them. Be gentle, have appreciation and know that the past had its time and place and find joy in the NOW.

• charliet Apr 11, 2011

The past is gone, it will never be again, to change the past all things that happened at that precise time would have to occur again, in perfect order. I can see how what you decide now can influence the future, that's kind of a no brainer. We are always ahead of the past, in sync with the present and lagging behind the future. You would need to travel faster than the speed of light to enter the future before the present, then in theory you would need to be two times slower than the speed of light to be in the past approaching it's present. Hawking is a very interesting guy, I enjoy his seminars. I can't grasp this theory though.

• Anonymous Icon

finding_grace Apr 11, 2011

Every moment of our lives is influenced by the here and now we live in. So why continuously lament the past or try to wonder if we could change the past. There is only now; it is the key to tomorrow.

• or Sign Up to Add a Comment

Stay in touch with IONS