Discussions

Anonymous Icon

Recommended reading?

Posted Jan. 29, 2011 by Chayannes in Open

Anonymous Icon

commented on Feb. 5, 2011
by Chayannes

Okay, I can read people. In other words, I meet them and tell things about them I really should not know. I feel things from them. I usually know if someone is lying. Now, I know that is not suppose to be possible, but I have been right too many times. Besides, people are human and lie for many reasons and that is okay.

Sometimes, I will know to say or not say something. I have learned the hard way to pay particular attention to that one. I will know not to go somewhere if it is dangerous or something minor will occur.

I feel energy or a presence around me. I can feel if someone is behind me. I can tell if someone who is important to me is outside a certain perimeter around me. If I concentrate on an area, then I know if someone is in that area or not. It has a sort of empty feeling to the area if no one is there. Sometimes it is a bit spooky ... the feelings I get when entering houses.

I want to enhance these abilities. Would meditation do it or do I need to do something else? What would be my next step? Should I delve into reading about Chaukra? Is there such a thing as calling to the north, south, east, west or water, fire, earth, wind?

Any books or articles which would be of particular interest?

Any ideas?

• 4 Comments  
  • Anonymous Icon

Chayannes Feb 05, 2011

James,

You are right. I have to open myself up to the knowledge inside. Possibly, I need to stop analyzing and just simply do it. However, before I decide to do something new, such as white water rafting, I learned about it first. I am just that way. Sometimes the feelings I get are painful and I have no way to change or control what I know is going to happen. I do not want to open myself further and not do right.

Thank you for your insight,

Chayannes

• Anonymous Icon

Chayannes Feb 05, 2011

E. W. Aweel,

That is just it. There is so much information. I was hoping someone who had more experience than I could send me in the right direction. If I am going to do this, then I want to do it right. This is not something in which I want to make mistakes simply because I did not have the knowledge.

Power trip ..... Lol. I never thought of it that way. My first reaction was to laugh. I just want to gain knowledge. But, when I think about what you are saying, knowledge is power. Although, now I am thinking why I want to make the journey. Truthfully I never thought of it as power, it was just something I could do. I blocked it for a long time and now I want to open up to experience it fully.

LOL ... You know that voice that tells you not to go into the dark alley? Well, it is telling me to open myself up to it. Maybe I am thinking too much.

Thanks for the advice.
    Chayannes

• mysticmuse Feb 04, 2011

I'm thinking sensing, or any other source of knowledge is only good if used in helpful and benevolent ways. Maybe our real task is not so much increasing the input from outside, but opening to the knowledge inside. By that we would better know what to make of and do with our many sensitivites to the world.

Speaking of books, Raynor C. Johnson in the book "The Imprisoned Splendor," put it this way:

"To know Consists rather in opening out a way Whence the imprisoned splendor may escape, than in effecting entry for a light Supposed to be without."

Best Thoughts,

James

• ewaweel Feb 03, 2011

Hi Chayannes,

Your post is still looking for it’s first answer. I was hoping someone else would give you an answer.

The question you ask is, to be honest, easy to answer, but what exactly are you looking for?. You say you want to enhance these mental abilities you have, but you asking for books to read.

With just a few clicks, you can easily find hundred of books and thousands of articles on paranormal powers like yours. Could you explain why you want to enhance these abilities?. Is this a Power trip?

You ask for ideas. Here is mine. Now is the time for you to forget books and to start on a journey in search of the power you dream of. This might be the right time for you to make this decision. Start walking in the crowd.

Have a nice trip.

E.W. Aweel

• or Sign Up to Add a Comment

Stay in touch with IONS