- Big Questions
- Consciousness & Healing
- Extended Human Capacities
- Worldview Transformation
- Community Groups
commented on today
© Saniphoto | Dreamstime.com
What are the biggest mysteries of human consciousness?
The phenomenon of human consciousness – where it comes from, how it works – has intrigued philosophers for millennia, and in recent decades scientists have joined the exploration. Neuroscience has revealed much about the inner workings of the brain, but has had little to say about why and how consciousness works. How can our material brain give rise to subjective experience? Not to mention extraordinary occurrences of afterlife communication, predictions of the future, the healing power of thought, intuition, synchronicities, and many others. We are just beginning to tap into the vastness of what we don’t know.
What do you think are the biggest mysteries of consciousness?
- Live teleseminar series - April - June, 2011
"Mysteries of Consciousness" Explore the mysteries of consciousness with IONS senior scientists and a variety of consciousness researchers and scholars including Stan Grof, MD, PhD, Deepak Chopra, Stephan A. Schwartz, Christian de Quincey, PhD, and more.
Articles by participants in the 'Mysteries of Consciousness' teleseminars
- "Consciousness: Still a Mystery" by John Hick, PhD, Shift Magazine, Issue 16
- "Are Rocks Conscious?" by Christian de Quincey, PhD, Shift Magazine, Issue 1
"Opening to the Infinite" by Stephan A. Schwartz, Shift Magazine, Issue 10
- "What is Consciousness?" a recorded teleseminar with Stuart Hameroff, MD, and host Marilyn Schlitz, PhD
- "Near Death Experience" a recorded teleseminar with Bruce Greyson, MD, and host Dean Radin, PhD
"Selections from the Consciousness and Healing Forum Audio Set" audio recordings from a series of talks by Deepak Chopra and Marilyn Schlitz, PhD about the role of consciousness in healing.
"Scholarly Papers by IONS Researchers and Colleagues"
Workshop - April 29 to May 3
- "Exploring the Mystery of Consciousness" an IONS Conscious Living Workshop with Peter Russell.
Please join this discussion by sharing your response to this question in the comment space below.