Steve Ryals is the author of Drunk with Wonder: Awakening to the God Within, published on August 15, 2006. Steve went from homeless and shooting drugs in San Francisco's Haight-Ashbury district at 17 to graduating form UC Berkeley on the Dean's List six years later. Though it took decades, Steve has now been free of alcohol for over five and a half years.
Though a high-school dropout, Steve has three college degrees, including a BA in English from UC Berkeley, 1973. He has also been writing poetry for over 40 years (over 20 of his poems appear in Drunk with Wonder). Steve is a minister of the Universal Life Church, a licensed Massage Therapist and a Reiki Therapist.
Quotes from Drunk with Wonder:
- You can't do life wrong, only with more or less suffering.
- Discernment is learning to listen to and trust your natural knowing.
- Ecstatic states of bliss are as adrenaline-fueled as the darkest scream of terror.
- Violence is a choice masquerading as a necessity.
- All growth requires is that you step out of what's comfortable and try something new.
- Life is the ultimate gift of love.
Steve lives off the grid, and so Drunk with Wonder was written, edited and designed with almost no help from fossil fuels. It was printed on 60# Thor Offset acid-free, recycled paper with soy-based ink.
Drunk with Wonder: Awakening to the God Within is the culmination of years of research and decades of personal experience. It's been hailed as where Conversations with God meets What the Bleep Do we Know!? A study in the evolution of consciousness, both personal and planetary, Drunk with Wonder offers hope to those ensnared in addiction.