- IONS Leaders
- What are the Noetic Sciences?
- Campus & Retreat Center
- IONS around the World
- Case Studies
- Contact Us
- Grants and Awards
- Job Opportunities
Thank you for your interest in working with the Institute of Noetic Sciences
There is one position currently open:
Donor Engagement Coordinator
Institute of Noetic Sciences
The Institute of Noetic Sciences is a non-profit research organization that conducts scientific research on consciousness, creates educational programs that draw from our findings, and inspires a global community of people who are engaged in transforming themselves and their communities. IONS owns the 194-acre EarthRise Retreat Center in Northern Marin County where guests engage in transformational programs and practices that foster self-reflection and personal growth. To learn more about IONS please explore this website.
The Institute of Noetic Sciences seeks a dynamic, experienced donor engagement professional who is enthusiastic about our mission of exploring the frontiers of consciousness to promote individual and collective thriving. The Donor Engagement Coordinator works with teams throughout the Institute to create strategies, materials, events, and written, electronic, small group, and one-to-one interactions with new and existing donors that inspire support for the mission of the Institute of Noetic Sciences. Work will occur in Petaluma, CA, about 45 minutes north of San Francisco. Partial highly-structured telecommuting is possible.
The Donor Engagement Coordinator should be:
- technologically skilled in computer software, hardware, and internet/cloud computing;
- experienced in traditional fundraising techniques such as capital campaigns, pledge drives, and individual and major gift strategies;
- also motivated to employ social media, crowd-funding, video communications, and other 21st century fundraising strategies
The Donor Engagement Coordinator is a full time position and reports to the President and CEO. The position requires:
- an ability to “hit the ground running” to implement our 40th Anniversary Campaign underway
- a demonstrated track record of successful fundraising from individuals and foundations
- excellent human relations and communication skills
- organized implementation of fundraising programs and strategies
- experience working with and eliciting support from an engaged board of directors
- excellent emotional intelligence, relationship management and collaborative teamwork skills
- demonstrated success in cultivating donors and soliciting major gifts
- strong skills in Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Office, email, social media, video communications platforms
- passion for scientific exploration of consciousness, bridging spirituality and science, and individual and collective transformation
The Donor Engagement Coordinator should be experienced with forming and maintaining relationships with large group of donors at $1,000 and above, and be comfortable supporting the President, IONS scientists and educators, and our retreat center executive director and outside consultants in requesting major gifts of $10,000 - $1M. Funds raised will:
1. support cutting-edge scientific research in consciousness,
2. support the development of transformative educational products and services, and,
3. fund capital improvements that will position our 194-acre retreat center as one of the most sustainable retreat centers for transformative education in the world.
Minimum Educational Level
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Advanced courses, professional training, or expertise in fundraising preferred.
Please submit a resume, salary requirements, and a cover letter that describes your interest in working at IONS and your experience in fundraising and donor relations. Email your resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please. Please put “Donor Engagement Coordinator” in the subject line of your email.